Procurement & Commercial Contracts Specialist
Job no: 494977
Work type: Permanent Full Time, Permanent Part Time
Location: West Perth, Joondalup
Categories: Procurement & Contracts
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, Operations, you will work on a portfolio of diverse and exciting projects that will strengthen RAC’s commerciality, increase value, and reduce risk. This opportunity will see you engaging with various business leaders and internal and external stakeholders, and be responsible for providing commercial expertise on contractual, procurement, supplier and governance activities which supports the achievement of strategic business objectives and improved value for RAC and our members.
We are happy to consider the role on a part time or full time basis.
You will be responsible for leading or consulting on procurement activities for RAC, supporting strategic project work, reviewing and negotiating contracts and property leases, drafting of contract schedules and statements of work, and managing group-wide contracts and property leases. You will also be responsible for providing commercial and contractual expertise and advice to internal stakeholders and ensuring compliance and governance of commercial and contract management processes.
What will you be doing?
- Reduce external spend and internal costs and drive continuous improvement through improved commercial and procurement practices and strategic sourcing, including supplier category management.
- Provide strategic advice and oversight to internal stakeholders on various areas of commercial and contract management, including: contract management, supplier management, ongoing compliance monitoring, and reviews.
- Lead and facilitate commercial negotiation of contracts and leases including the co-ordination and finalisation of relevant terms and conditions and schedules of works.
- Prepare, receive and analyse bids, proposals, quotations and tender submissions and provide recommendations for contract selection.
- Identify and mitigating risk in contracting activities, including legal and financial risks
- Establish strong internal and external relationships, becoming a trusted advisor and commercial support to RAC’s business divisions as required, to support the wider Commercial team.
What are we looking for in you?
We are looking for candidates with:
- Extensive experience in a similar fast- paced role and environment, with a proven track record in procurement, commercial contract negotiation, analysis, and management
- Strong financial acumen
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of contract and commercial law. Coupled with an ability to understand, interpret and advise on commercial terms in contracts
- Self-directing capabilities which allow you to work collaboratively towards the achievement of shared organisational vision and strategy whilst maintaining focus on continuous improvement
- You will have an innovative and agile mindset, as well as being responsive to changing business requirements
- Hands-on experience in contract management, supplier management, bids and procurement
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, effectively mitigate risks, with a solutions-focused approach
- Ability to potentially work out of our West Perth or out of our Joondalup office 6 days per fortnight (location details to be confirmed)
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in a business or a related discipline is highly desirable
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please provide a current resume and covering letter addressing the selection criteria and how you could add value to the team.
The position will be offered on a part time or full-time permanent basis.
RAC is one of Western Australia’s most trusted brands and has been a part of the WA community since 1905. From our origins as a motoring club, we have grown to an organisation of over 1400 employees serving more than 1 million members with a diverse range of products and services.
RAC’s difference is that we are a membership organisation, which means we don’t have shareholders and can reinvest our profits for the better of our members and the WA community.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, RAC encourages applications from all cultures, genders and abilities. At RAC we innovate and craft, advocate and campaign, challenge and reinvent. We want to be WA’s most valued organisation and our people are at the centre of this. We need people who want a career not just a job. We want motivated people who see the bigger picture and strive to make things better for our members and WA. If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you. If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact email@example.com.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend