Home Claims Specialist
Job no: 494982
Work type: Permanent Full Time, Secondment
Location: West Perth
Join our vibrant RAC Insurance Home Claims team and know you are making a genuine difference to the lives of our members! We are seeking a self-driven individual to manage our Home building and contents claims whilst delivering a high level of customer service, exceeding expectations.
What’s the role?
- Manage individual caseload of building and contents claims through to settlement
- Identify potential recovery action as part of effective claims management
- Review quotes and authorise repair costs
- Negotiate on settlements for claims
- Act as a technical referral point for internal teams
- Consistently provide service that exceeds member’s expectations
- Identify continuous improvement initiatives
What are we looking for in you?
- Exceptional customer service skills and a high attention to detail
- Excellent communication and strong negation skills
- Ability to gather, collate and present evidence and make informed decisions
- Ability to clearly communicate complex processes and decisions to our members
- Handle difficult situations with empathy
- React and adapt positively to change
- Self-driven with the ability to work autonomously
- Experience within the insurance industry desirable
- End-to-end claims experience within home claims desirable
What can we offer you?
- Comprehensive training and ongoing support
- Very active Social Club
- In-house Health and Wellness programs and Platinum WorkSafe Certification
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who will thrive in a culture of continuous improvement. For you to be considered, please send us your cover letter and resume showcasing what you can bring to the team.
If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to complete an online automated video interview as part of our screening process.
RAC is one of Western Australia’s most trusted brands and has been a part of the WA community since 1905. From our origins as a motoring club, we have grown to an organisation of over 1400 employees serving more than 1 million members with a diverse range of products and services.
RAC gives back to employees with generous discounts on a range of RAC products and services including home, contents and car insurance, free roadside assistance, member discounts, competitive salaries, in-house Health and Wellness programs, Platinum WorkSafe Certification and a very active Social Club.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, RAC encourages applications from all cultures, genders and abilities. At RAC we innovate and create, advocate and campaign, challenge and reinvent. We want to be WA’s most valued organisation and our people are at the centre of this. We need people who want a career not just a job. We want people who see the bigger picture and are motivated to make things better for our members and WA. If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend