Unified Communications Engineer
Job no: 495012
Work type: Maximum Term Full Time
Location: West Perth
Categories: End User Services
- Be the evangelist for Unified Communications platform throughout RAC
- 12-month maximum term contract with potential to extend
- Great employment benefits and discounts on offer
We are looking for experienced Unified Communications Engineer who will provide their expertise in operational effectiveness of the organisations telecommunications systems and assist with the delivery of existing Cisco telephony solutions as we continue to migrate to a cloud-only environment.
Reporting to Unified Communications Team Lead, the role will be responsible for support and usage of the Unified Communications platforms (Phone Hardware, OS & applications, configuration management and security) to ensure “Business as Usual” functionality and aid the team in transitioning the administration and contact centre systems to cloud environments.
Successful candidates will be expected to work collaboratively within the Unified Communications team and wider areas including frontline support, information security, cloud architecture, identity and access management, and systems operations.
What will you do?
- Investigate, provide and implement resolutions to daily “business as usual” Unified Communications requests, through execution of system administration tasks, technical troubleshooting, configuration, domain knowledge, and validation testing.
- Implementing and maintaining RAC unified communications & contact centre platforms to ensure service availability, security compliance and business continuity support
- Ensuring the maintenance of unified communication systems and contact centre platform by providing technical integration, asset management, system configuration and carrier services testing guidance with appropriate knowledge base documentation and following agreed change management process
- Enable business agility by collaborating on process improvements, and technical resolutions for cloud migration activities.
- Improve and enhance existing configuration and scripting environments, and contribute to continual improvement in the environment
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience and skills in configuring and managing VoIP telecommunication environments, in particular Cisco Call Manager (including SRST), Cisco Unified Communications (Unity, Presence/Jabber), SIP tracing and troubleshooting, plus skills in Contact Centre environment voice call logging platforms.
- Experience working with Microsoft Teams Voice along with SBC configuration and/or deployments
- Experience in PowerShell and other scripting skills would be advantageous, including experience in automation and orchestration.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- The ability to work and contribute in a collaborative team environment and accommodate rostered overtime after hours where required, and potential to be added to part of the on-call roster.
We are looking for enthusiastic, forward thinking individuals who will thrive in a culture of continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation. If you have a genuine passion for innovative technical solutions that deliver business value, the fortitude to follow best practice delivery approaches and the aptitude to build strong working relationships with multiple project stakeholders, we would like to hear from you.
What we can offer you?
- Generous discounts on home, contents and car insurance, as well as member benefits and free roadside assistance
- A competitive base salary plus Super and a very active Social Club
- In-house health and wellness programs and Platinum WorkSafe Certification
To find out more about RAC Group IT Division and how we can assist you with your career, please click here.
RAC is one of Western Australia’s most trusted brands and has been a part of the WA community since 1905. From our origins as a motoring club, we have grown to an organisation of over 1400 employees serving more than 1 million members with a diverse range of products and services. RAC’s difference is that we are a membership organisation, which means we don’t have shareholders and can reinvest our profits for the better of our members and the WA community.
RAC gives back to employees with generous discounts on a range of RAC products and services including home, contents and car insurance, free roadside assistance, member discounts, competitive salaries, in-house Health and Wellness programs, Platinum WorkSafe Certification and a very active Social Club.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, RAC encourages applications from all cultures, genders and abilities. At RAC we innovate and craft, advocate and campaign, challenge and reinvent. We want to be WA’s most valued organisation and our people are at the centre of this. We need people who want a career not just a job. We want motivated people who see the bigger picture and strive to make things better for our members and WA. If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you. If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact email@example.com.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend