Automotive Technician - Light Vehicle
Job no: 495024
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: WA Metro
Categories: Light Vehicle Technician
We are seeking an experienced LV Technician to join our team at our Mandurah based Auto Service Centre.
What will you be doing?
- Conducting fault diagnosis’s and perform quality services, inspections and repairs to all types of light vehicles
- Record vehicle information, parts used and completed work
- Identifying and reporting on additional recommended works
- Utilising systems to accurately log and record daily activities and work progress
- Providing mentoring, guidance and support to apprentices and fellow technicians
- Ensure a high level of work bay/workshop cleanliness whilst maintaining a safe working environment
- Continue to develop and maintain technical skillset relevance
Every day is different and challenging as this role isn’t just limited to servicing, every workshop also receives jobs towed in by Roadside Assistance which provide all sorts of challenges to provide you variety in your day and exposure to learning and development opportunities.
Reporting to the Team Leader, this position is a permanent, full-time opportunity.
What are we looking for in you?
- A high level of mechanical servicing, repairs and fault diagnostic skills
- Strong electrical diagnostic skills
- Multi manufacture and diesel knowledge desirable
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to develop positive workplace relationships
- Previous exposure to working with KPI’s/targets
- C Class WA DL and Light Vehicle Automotive Technician qualification (Trade Certification)
- Motor Vehicle Repair Licence (desirable)
- Willingness to travel and work at other metro sites if required
What can we offer you?
- A competitive base hourly rate, overtime, incentives and uniform
- Generous discounts on home, contents and car insurance, as well as member benefits and free roadside assistance
- In-house Health and Wellness programs and Platinum WorkSafe Certification
- Training and development opportunities
- Taking over a visa sponsorship arrangement may be considered
If you would like further information or a confidential conversation about this vacancy, please contact Claire Douglas on 9436 4906. Please note successful candidates will undergo a full medical including a drug and alcohol test and police check including traffic infringements.
RAC is one of Western Australia’s most trusted brands and has been a part of the WA community since 1905. From our origins as a motoring club, we have grown to an organisation of over 1400 employees serving more than 1 million members with a diverse range of products and services.
RAC’s difference is that we are a membership organisation, which means we don’t have shareholders and can reinvest our profits for the better of our members and the WA community.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, RAC encourages applications from all cultures, genders and abilities. At RAC we innovate and craft, advocate and campaign, challenge and reinvent. We want to be WA’s most valued organisation and our people are at the centre of this. We need people who want a career not just a job. We want motivated people who see the bigger picture and strive to make things better for our members and WA. If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you. If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact email@example.com.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend