Claims Operations Advisor
Job no: 495040
Work type: Maximum Term Full Time
Location: West Perth
Categories: Operations Manager, Claims
- Join our highly successful Insurance Claims team
- Make a real difference in this pivotal new operational role
- 18 month maximum term contract
We have an exciting and rare opportunity to join our successful RAC Insurance team in a newly created operational role based in West Perth. We are looking for a highly motivated, adaptable and efficient individual with leadership and insurance operational expertise to join the Claims Services team.
Reporting to the General Manager Claims Services, you will be a key player in driving ongoing effectiveness and efficiency of the day to day operations of the overall Claims team.
This position will be available initially on an 18 month maximum term contract basis.
What will you be doing?
- Monitor and advise the Claims Management Team on identified operational trends that impact Claims operational performance and implement plans to remediate
- Develop, review and approve all internal communications for Claims Services
- Manage and develop the operations administration team, providing guidance, direction, and leadership
- Coordinate relevant meetings for the Claims Management Team with oversight of agendas and meeting minutes
- Supervise the management of travel, training, and event management within the Claims Management Team
- Advise the Claims Management Team on operational matters to support delivery of the business strategic imperatives
- Supervise expense management and report variances to OPEX budgets, including corporate credit card reconciliation for all Claims Services
- Apply discretion in the absence of the Claims Management Team to attend to urgent matters
- Lead and manage day to day the administrative team with two direct reports
What are we looking for in you?
- Previous experience in a Claims operational role is highly desirable
- Highly developed organisational skills and time management
- Leadership experience and people management of teams
- Ability to understand financial results, analyse and present statistical information
- Demonstrated experience in implementing and maintaining effective administration systems
- An advanced user in leveraging MS Outlook calendaring functionalities, MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint functionalities with ability to trouble-shoot basic IT issues
- Demonstrated experience in events management including planning, administration, budgeting and liaising with high-level officials
- Strong ability to influence relationships with varied stakeholders to influence for results and drive valued outcomes
- Excellent communication skills and high level of discretion and sensitivity when dealing with confidential matters
What can we offer you?
- A rewarding career opportunity, professional development and work-life balance
- Generous discounts on home, contents and car insurance, as well as member benefits and free roadside assistance
- A competitive base salary plus Super and a very active Social Club
- In-house Health and Wellness programs and Platinum WorkSafe Certification
We are looking for an experienced insurance operational leader. Your self-starting capacity, leadership potential and drive to achieve together will stand you in good stead for this opportunity. To be considered for this 18 month maximum term contract, please send us your cover letter and resume showcasing what you can bring to the team.
If you would like further information about this vacancy, please contact Emma Oldfield, Talent Acquisition Specialist on (08) 9436 4731.
If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to complete an online automated video interview as part of our screening process.
RAC is one of Western Australia’s most trusted brands and has been a part of the WA community since 1905. From our origins as a motoring club, we have grown to an organisation of over 1400 employees serving more than 1 million members with a diverse range of products and services.
RAC’s difference is that we are a membership organisation, which means we don’t have shareholders and can reinvest our profits for the better of our members and the WA community.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, RAC encourages applications from all cultures, genders and abilities. At RAC we innovate and craft, advocate and campaign, challenge and reinvent. We want to be WA’s most valued organisation and our people are at the centre of this. We need people who want a career not just a job. We want motivated people who see the bigger picture and strive to make things better for our members and WA. If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you. If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend