Job no: 495113
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: West Perth
Categories: Applications, Research & Data
- Experience in database and system admin at enterprise scale is mandatory
- Join a team of dynamic and innovative technology evangelists
- Permanent full-time position based in our West Perth office
RAC is one of Western Australia’s most trusted brands and has been a part of the WA community since 1905. We have a wide portfolio of businesses and products and ensuring data solutions are maintained across all these domains to enable efficiency, compliance and optimisation of business processes is pivotal. As we transition to the cloud, an experienced Data Specialist is required to provide support and guidance for the organisation’s data solutions both on-premises and in the cloud.
What will you do?
Reporting to Applications Services Manager, this role encompasses two components: Data Administration and Data Solutions. More specific job responsibilities include:
- Design and implement performant, resilient and cost-effective data solutions to support business operations and information needs
- Implement, maintain and utilise monitoring and alerting mechanisms for data platforms and their underlying infrastructure to ensure early detection and resolution of issues
- Provision databases and data services utilising DevOps practices
- Enable appropriate user and system access to data platforms ensuring compliance with RAC endorsed IT security policies, business rules and procedures
- Provide ongoing support for data solutions both on-premises and in the cloud
What are we looking for?
- Experience in database and system administration at enterprise scale is mandatory
- Experience with SQL, preferably T-SQL
- Experience with BI tools, preferably Power BI
- Experience with Azure Big Data services including Databricks, Data Lake Storage, Analysis Services and Data Factory would be advantageous
- Experience with data management/data quality tools (desirable)
- Familiarity with data masking tools and techniques (desirable)
We are looking for enthusiastic, forward thinking individuals who will thrive in a culture of continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation. If you have a genuine passion for innovative technical solutions that deliver business value, the fortitude to follow best practice delivery approaches and the aptitude to build strong working relationships with multiple project stakeholders, we would like to hear from you.
Please note: We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as RAC reserves the right to close this vacancy without notice.
What we can offer you?
- Generous discounts on home, contents and car insurance, as well as member benefits and free roadside assistance
- A competitive base salary plus Super and a very active Social Club
- In-house health and wellness programs and Platinum WorkSafe Certification
For more than 114 years, RAC has been giving back to WA. As a membership organisation, we’re able to reinvest our profits to serve more than one million members and the wider WA community.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, RAC values inclusivity and promotes a workplace that actively seeks to welcome contributions from all people. We encourage people of all abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, diverse cultures and backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ identities, and all age groups to apply.
RAC is committed to flexibility. If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact email@example.com.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend