User Experience Designer
Job no: 495122
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: West Perth
Categories: Digital & Development
- Ideal opportunity for a UX Designer who likes variety and is keen to participate in all aspects of web optimisation
- Work in a highly motivated team to deliver business results
- Iconic WA organisation and market leading Insurer
RAC Insurance is looking for a talented UX Designer. You’ll be part of our high performing team, working in agile sprints to provide user experience concepts and design solutions to optimise user interactions online.
What will you be doing
- Plan and design high-level concepts and guide the member experience design activities for business as usual and strategic projects
- Understand the member and business context by planning, prioritising, coordinating, and conducting user requirements analysis, stakeholder interviews, opportunity and competitor analysis
- Create and refine member experience strategies and conceptual frameworks; user journeys, empathy maps, service blueprints, touchpoint analysis, personas, storyboards, scenarios, flowcharts, and design prototypes
- Conduct workshops with internal stakeholders to define project scope objectives, target audience, marketing and advertising opportunities
- Create deliverables such as initial concepts, prototypes, functional design solutions, site wireframes and interaction flows
- Develop and maintain strong, effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- Design the user experience including information flow
- Conduct user testing using a variety of techniques and reporting on outcomes and recommendations
What are we looking for?
- Strong conceptual, information and interface design skills
- Advanced knowledge of user-centred design principles, design thinking methodology and brings a toolkit of processes and methods
- Fluency with design and prototyping tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision or other design tools
- Strong eye for detail and creative design with the ability to create responsive designs
- Tertiary qualifications in interaction design, visual design or a related design discipline is mandatory
- Web development skills specifically with .net development experience (highly desirable)
What can we offer you?
- A rewarding career, professional development and work-life balance
- Generous discounts on home, contents and car insurance, as well as member benefits and free roadside assistance
- A competitive base salary plus Super and a very active Social Club
- In-house Health and Wellness programs and Platinum WorkSafe Certification
We are looking for someone who will thrive in a culture of continuous improvement. If you have a genuine passion for innovative technical solutions that deliver business value and want to help us build our UX capability and online experience for our members, please formally apply by completing an online application.
Please note: We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as RAC reserves the right to close this vacancy without notice.
If you are shortlisted, you may be invited to complete an online automated video interview as part of our screening process.
For more than 114 years, RAC has been giving back to WA. As a membership organisation, we’re able to reinvest our profits to serve more than one million members and the wider WA community.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, RAC values inclusivity and promotes a workplace that actively seeks to welcome contributions from all people. We encourage people of all abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, diverse cultures and backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ identities, and all age groups to apply.
RAC is committed to flexibility. If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend