Job no: 495295
Work type: Maximum Term Full Time, Permanent Full Time
Location: WA Metro
Categories: Strata Manager
The pace of change and disruption in the world is accelerating. To ensure RAC remains relevant and sustainable, we need to learn to innovate faster than ever before. As a result of this BetterLabs was created! BetterLabs is the strategic innovation function of RAC and are a team who seek to identify new growth opportunities by investing in start-ups (via our $23m BetterLabs Ventures fund) or ideate and prototype new business opportunities.
BetterLabs has recently commercialized Strata Town, including a custom-built platform to improve the strata management process for owners, tenants and property managers. Strata Town offers one source of truth with streamlined communication, transparency of information, real time access to maintenance updates and improved responsiveness, for an all-inclusive fee.
Strata Town is in a growth phase and ready to transform the industry as we know it! As Strata Manager you will be the Subject Matter Expert responsible for providing clear, concise and timely management and advice to the team and Strata Town clients. Other key job responsibilities include;
- Effectively manage all elements of a new, but growing strata portfolio, including chair meetings, complete minutes, agendas & budgets, implement meeting actions, process work orders, organise maintenance quotes and repairs and associated administration.
- Implement and execute building maintenance strategies
- Provide up to date advice, interpret relevant legislation, ensure all regulatory and compliance standards are adhered to and mitigate risk where possible.
- Collate financial statements and prepare budgets and forecasts.
- Develop and maintain strong, effective working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Partner with the Business Development Officer to support business development activities to drive growth.
As a member-based organisation, alignment to RAC’s values is vital. In addition to a genuine motivation to provide a transparent, responsive, innovative and customer centric product! To be considered for the position, we are looking for the successful candidate to meet the following criteria;
- Experience as a Strata Manager or relevant industry experience
- Sound knowledge of and the ability to interpret the Act, industry legislation and industry regulations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Certificate IV in Strata Community Management is preferred but not essential.
- Excellent communication, skills both written and verbal.
- A safe and reliable vehicle with a valid driver’s license.
Please Note: We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as RAC reserves the right to close this vacancy without notice.
- A competitive base salary plus superannuation
- Professional career development and training.
- Generous discounts on home, contents and car insurance, plus free roadside assistance
- Member benefits and opportunity to join a very active Social Club
- In-house Health and Wellness programs and Platinum WorkSafe Certification
BetterLabs is the Strategic Innovation function of RAC. Housed separately from the main business at the Flux co-working space in the Perth CBD, BetterLabs has the primary function of identifying and accessing new growth opportunities for RAC. BetterLabs does this through two primary initiatives: Internal prototyping of new business opportunities and investing in external start-ups via our BetterLabs Ventures fund.
For more than 114 years, RAC has been giving back to WA. As a membership organisation, we’re able to reinvest our profits to serve more than one million members and the wider WA community.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, RAC values inclusivity and promotes a workplace that actively seeks to welcome contributions from all people. We encourage people of all abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, diverse cultures and backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ identities, and all age groups to apply. RAC is committed to flexibility. If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact email@example.com.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend