DevOps Capability Lead
Job no: 495316
Work type: Maximum Term Full Time
Location: West Perth
Categories: Management, Applications
- Looking for your next leadership challenge?
- Shape our DevOps practices and culture
- Join an iconic West Australian organisation and Insurance market leader
Looking for an opportunity to share your extensive DevOps experience, lead a team, contribute and make a difference?
RAC Insurance is progressing on our journey to the cloud. We have an opportunity for an exceptional DevOps Engineer to join the Business Systems team in a leadership role furthering the development of RAC Insurance’s DevOps function.
You will lead the build of complex infrastructure, operational processes and automation, creating and improving development and operational capabilities that contribute towards creating meaningful member value. Improving collaboration and integration within our delivery teams, our wider Business Systems teams, and RAC Insurance as a whole.
Reporting to the Manager - IT Service Delivery & Operations, this role will be integral in helping us shape DevOps practices and the culture change required for transition to a DevOps centric delivery approach.
Your experience in building a DevOps way of working and ability to challenge and stretch us on this journey will be essential to your success.
This opportunity will be offered on a two year maximum term basis and will be based in Perth, Western Australia.
What will you be doing?
- Leading the design of DevOps practices and culture change required for the continuous improvement of the DevOps capability from conception to completion
- Influencing architectural decisions, implementing and managing core infrastructure, developing internal tools and automating as many processes as possible
- Resolving emergent service problems and building automated tools to identify/prevent problem recurrence
- Leading the DevOps team and other technical staff in the execution of uplifts across build engineering, release engineering, configuration management and environment management practices
What are we looking for?
- Proven people leadership skills including ability to influence and motivate others
- Demonstrated experience working in a DevOps lead role in an enterprise environment
- Demonstrated experience enabling and supporting high availability production systems in Cloud Based IaaS, PaaS, and also on-Prem
- Strong experience in database design/development, configuration management and automation
- Experience enabling and operating Cloud infrastructure (Azure highly desirable)
- Experience with build and deployment tools to implement CI/CD (eg. Azure DevOps / Team City)
- Demonstrated experience in automation of the Azure Platform (e.g. ARM templates)
What can we offer you?
- A rewarding career, professional development and work-life balance
- Generous discounts on home, contents and car insurance plus free roadside assistance
- A competitive base salary plus superannuation
- Member benefits and an active Social Club
- In-house Health and Wellness programs and Platinum WorkSafe Certification
This is a rare opportunity to lead and shape the development of a DevOps environment, to contribute and make a real difference, apply online – send us your cover letter and CV showcasing what you can bring to the team and why you are ready to make a move to WA.
Please note: We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as RAC reserves the right to close this vacancy without notice.
For more than 114 years, RAC has been giving back to WA. As a membership organisation, we’re able to reinvest our profits to serve more than one million members and the wider WA community.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, RAC values inclusivity and promotes a workplace that actively seeks to welcome contributions from all people. We encourage people of all abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, diverse cultures and backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ identities, and all age groups to apply.
RAC is committed to flexibility. If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend