Cloud Engineer (Azure)
Job no: 495317
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: West Perth
- Impact and shape our DevOps practices and culture
- Leverage your Dev background and Azure expertise
- Expand your skills; grow your career and benefit from training and development
Looking for your next opportunity to utilise your Azure cloud platform and DevOps experience to contribute and make a difference?
RAC Insurance is well progressed on our journey to be Australia’s first Insurance business fully in the cloud. We are building our team with an opportunity for an experienced Azure Cloud Engineer / DevOps Engineer to join the Business Systems team and play a key role in further developing RAC Insurance’s DevOps function.
Work on projects that will directly benefit and enhance our member experience. Guide and implement automation initiatives in software development, operations and services. Improve communication, collaboration and integration between Developers and IT Operations. Help us shape the DevOps practices and culture change required for transition to a DevOps centric delivery approach.
What will you be doing?
- Influencing architectural decisions, implementing and managing core infrastructure, developing internal tools and automating as many processes as possible
- Leading other technical staff in the execution of uplifts across build engineering, release engineering, configuration management and environment management practices
- Contribute to shaping DevOps practices and culture change required for the continuous improvement of the DevOps capability
- Performing hands on automation activities
- Leading code and design reviews
- Executing activities related to infrastructure, databases, security, continuous integration, continuous deployment, IT operations and metrics
- Maintaining all relevant documentation to ensure changes are reflected in the documentation sets
- Developing and maintaining strong, effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- Collaborating effectively with System Administrators, Developers, Testers, Architects and Business Analysts
What are we looking for?
- Extensive experience working in a DevOps/ Azure cloud platform role in an enterprise environment
- Experience designing and operating Azure cloud infrastructure
- Demonstrated experience supporting high availability production systems in Cloud Based IaaS, PaaS and also on-Prem
- Experience with growing DevOps practices and influencing culture change
- Experience with build and deployment tools to implement CI/CD (eg. Azure DevOps / Team City)
- Demonstrated experience in automation of the Azure Platform (eg. ARM templates)
- Experience with a variety of programming and scripting languages (eg. PowerShell, C#, Java, Python)
- Working in cross functional Agile teams (e.g. teams responsible for business, development, QA and operations outcomes)
- Tertiary qualifications in computer science, software engineering, information technology or a related discipline
- Certifications within DevOps, Azure, and associated fields a definite plus.
What can we offer you?
- Professional development, work-life balance and career growth
- Generous discounts on home, contents and car insurance plus free roadside assistance
- A competitive base salary plus superannuation
- Member benefits and an active Social Club
- In-house Health and Wellness programs and Platinum WorkSafe Certification
Looking for your next opportunity to utilise your DevOps experience, work in delivery teams where you can grow and embed your expertise, and continually learn and upskill in a modern cloud based tech stack, apply online – send us your CV showcasing what you can bring to the team.
Please note: We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as RAC reserves the right to close this vacancy without notice.
If you are shortlisted, you may be invited to complete an online automated video interview as part of our screening process.
For more than 115 years, RAC has been giving back to WA. As a membership organisation, we’re able to reinvest our profits to serve more than one million members and the wider WA community.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, RAC values inclusivity and promotes a workplace that actively seeks to welcome contributions from all people. We encourage people of all abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, diverse cultures and backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ identities, and all age groups to apply.
RAC is committed to flexibility. If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend