Job no: 495317
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: West Perth
- Join us as we journey to the Cloud
- Shape our DevOps practices and culture
- Iconic WA organisation and market leader
Looking for an opportunity to utilise your DevOps experience to contribute and make a difference? RAC Insurance is progressing on our journey to cloud. We have an opportunity for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join the Business Systems team and play a key role in furthering the development of RAC Insurance’s DevOps function.
You will work on projects that will directly benefit and enhance our member experience. Key responsibilities will include guiding and implementing automation initiatives in software development, operations and services. Also, improve communication, collaboration and integration between Developers and IT operations staff.
Reporting to the DevOps Capability Lead, this role will be integral in helping us shape DevOps practices and culture change required for transition to a DevOps centric delivery approach.
What will you be doing?
- Influencing architectural decisions, implementing and managing core infrastructure, developing internal tools and automating as many processes as possible
- Leading other technical staff in the execution of uplifts across build engineering, release engineering, configuration management and environment management practices
- Contribute to shaping DevOps practices and culture change required for the continuous improvement of the DevOps capability
- Performing hands on automation activities
- Leading code and design reviews
- Executing activities related to infrastructure, databases, security, continuous integration, continuous deployment, IT operations and metrics
- Maintaining all relevant documentation to ensure all changes are reflected in the documentation sets
- Developing and maintaining strong, effective working relationships with all key stakeholders
- Collaborating effectively with other System Administrators, Developers, Testers, Architects and Business Analysts
What are we looking for?
- Extensive experience working in a DevOps role in an enterprise environment
- Demonstrated experience supporting high availability production systems in Cloud Based IaaS, PaaS and also on-Prem
- Experience with growing DevOps practices and influencing culture change
- Experience designing and operating Cloud infrastructure (Azure highly desirable)
- Experience with build and deployment tools to implement CI/CD (eg. Azure DevOps / Team City)
- Demonstrated experience in automation of the Azure Platform (eg. ARM templates)
- Experience with a variety of programming and scripting languages (eg. PowerShell, C#, Java, Python)
- Working in cross functional Agile teams (e.g. teams responsible for business, development, QA and operations outcomes)
- Tertiary qualifications in computer science, software engineering, information technology or a related discipline is desirable
- Certifications within DevOps, Azure, and associated fields a definite plus.
What can we offer you?
- A rewarding career, professional development and work-life balance
- Generous discounts on home, contents and car insurance plus free roadside assistance
- A competitive base salary plus superannuation
- Member benefits and an active Social Club
- In-house Health and Wellness programs and Platinum WorkSafe Certification
If you are looking for your next opportunity utilise your DevOps experience to contribute and make a difference, apply online – send us your cover letter and CV showcasing what you can bring to the team.
Please note: We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as RAC reserves the right to close this vacancy without notice.
For more than 114 years, RAC has been giving back to WA. As a membership organisation, we’re able to reinvest our profits to serve more than one million members and the wider WA community.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, RAC values inclusivity and promotes a workplace that actively seeks to welcome contributions from all people. We encourage people of all abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, diverse cultures and backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ identities, and all age groups to apply.
RAC is committed to flexibility. If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend