Job no: 495329
Work type: Maximum Term Full Time
Location: West Perth
Categories: Project/Program Management
- Help drive a strategic program of work delivering real business value
- Work closely with Exec and senior stakeholders
- Iconic WA organisation and Insurance market leader
Looking for your next opportunity to play a critical part in delivery of an exciting transformational program of work? RAC Insurance has spent three years progressing on our journey to the cloud and providing access to contemporary technology across our business.
As we leverage the foundational work achieved in this space, we are now embarking on a strategic program of work to Make it Easy, for our members and business alike.
Reporting to the General Manager Business Systems, as Program Manager, you will play an integral role managing the overall program of work, working intimately with senior stakeholders across business units to bring multiple work streams to life.
Your experience and track record in the successful delivery of complex, large projects and programs of work and your ability to build engagement and collaborate on this journey will be essential to your success, as will your background in technology enablement.
This will be initially offered on an 18 month maximum term contract basis.
What will you be doing?
- Build strong business stakeholder relationships to assist in developing opportunities to digitise and automate our business to improve our Member experience and our internal efficiency
- Engage stakeholders to ensure operational value is delivered by the program in their lines of business
- Developing high level plans and budgets to inform business cases; designing, scheduling and resourcing plans to deliver programs of work considering business and technical changes and impacts
- Managing overall program and individual projects, contributing to the execution of work
- Support contemporary ways of working in delivery of digital technologies
- Managing and escalating risks and issues as per required internal processes
- Managing costs and budgets
- Planning and executing communication strategies for relevant programs/projects to ensure alignment of several stakeholders, including Board, Executive Management and external parties
- Providing reports and information to Sponsors, Steering Committees and a variety of internal teams
- Ensuring the consistent application of IT project governance and compliance processes, and adhering to RACI’s Project Management framework
- Undertaking project ‘health checks’ to ensure programs/projects are delivered in alignment with business strategy and project management methodology
- Performing post-implementation program/project reviews to determine benefits realisation and achievement
What are we looking for?
- Experience in delivering successful adoption of contemporary digital and automation services on cloud
- Experience in successful adoption of contemporary work practices including Agile and DevOps
- Demonstrated experience in the planning and delivery of large and complex projects or programs (from business case to delivery)
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills with strong facilitation, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking skills
- Superior understanding and consistent application of project management competencies including scope, time, cost, quality, HR, change, communications, cost, risk, procurement and integration
- Conceptual abilities coupled with an ability to quickly build a comprehensive knowledge of the organisation’s business requirements, strategy and governance framework
What can we offer you?
- Being a critical part of a transformational program with strong sponsorship across the organisation
- Work in an environment that embraces a culture of achieving together and a focus on member experience
- Contribute within an empowered, cross-functional project team working with the business to build solutions that solve problems
- Be involved in building new platforms and ways of working that will shape the future for the RAC and a better WA
This is an exciting opportunity to manage the delivery of a transformational program of work that will truly enhance our business and evolve our member experience for the better. Apply online – send us your cover letter and CV showcasing what you can bring to the team.
Please note: We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as RAC reserves the right to close this vacancy without notice.
If you are shortlisted, you may be invited to complete an online automated video interview as part of our screening process.
For more than 114 years, RAC has been giving back to WA. As a membership organisation, we’re able to reinvest our profits to serve more than one million members and the wider WA community.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, RAC values inclusivity and promotes a workplace that actively seeks to welcome contributions from all people. We encourage people of all abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, diverse cultures and backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ identities, and all age groups to apply.
RAC is committed to flexibility. If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact email@example.com.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend