Customer Service Consultant
Job no: 495350
Work type: Casual, Permanent Full Time
Categories: Customer Service Consultant
RAC is one of Western Australia’s most trusted brands and has been a part of the WA community since 1905. From our origins as a motoring club, we have grown to an organisation of over 1,400 employees serving more than one million members with a diverse range of products and services.
Our Roadside Contact Centre in Joondalup hosts Customer Service Consultant’s who work in teams providing exceptional customer service to our members by processing and handling calls relating to RAC Roadside products. We have both full time and casual opportunities available with a commencement date of the 31st of August on offer.
What will you be doing?
Key responsibilities for this position involve receiving and processing incoming calls and carrying out associated outgoing calls relating to:
- Providing solutions that meet members motoring needs
- Roadside (metro and country) breakdown
- Batteries and Tyres queries and bookings
- National Assistance Programme
- Auto Service bookings
- Case management and processing of extended benefits
- RAC products and services
These opportunities are offered on a full time and casual basis and the rotational roster span of hours is between 6am to 11pm, Monday to Sunday. We are looking for candidates that can ideally commence immediately to participate in our training program. The three week training program is designed to ensure you succeed in the role and completion is mandatory. Currently the training program is set for a three week duration being Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm.
What are we looking for in you?
To be successful in this role you will have a motivated, positive and enthusiastic nature, have demonstrated work experience in a busy, multi-tasking environment providing an outstanding level of customer service (contact centre or over the phone preferably).
This role requires strong computer literacy, the ability to use many applications (flicking between applications/windows) and entering information while on the phone to a member. You will be able to pick up new software applications with ease and using applications such as Google Maps will be a breeze for you. Also required is:
- Proven experience in achieving KPI’s and objectives individually and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
- The ability to work under pressure while staying calm and empathetic
- Ability to problem solve, make decisions and be solutions oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication, attention to detail and interpersonal skills
- Good listening skills along with a friendly personality with a genuine desire to help people
What can we offer you?
- Professional career development and training
- A competitive base salary plus superannuation
- Member benefits and opportunity to join a very active Social Club
- In-house Health and Wellness programs and Platinum WorkSafe Certification
Please note: We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as RAC reserves the right to close this vacancy without notice.
For more than 114 years, RAC has been giving back to WA. As a membership organisation, we’re able to reinvest our profits to serve more than one million members and the wider WA community.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, RAC values inclusivity and promotes a workplace that actively seeks to welcome contributions from all people. We encourage people of all abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, diverse cultures and backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ identities, and all age groups to apply.
RAC is committed to flexibility. If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact email@example.com.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend