Portfolio Analyst - Claims
Job no: 495363
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: West Perth
Categories: Claims, Analyst
- Join a market leader and iconic WA Insurer
- Build your analytics and insights experience
- Permanent opportunity to join our team
RAC Insurance is offering a unique opportunity to keep building your data analytics and insights experience.
Reporting to the Claims Analyst Manager this position is a permanent opportunity, joining a close-knit team supporting our high performing Claims team at RAC Insurance.
With responsibility for analysing and reporting on the Claims portfolio, you will be involved across all our Insurance product lines, assisting in ensuring financial objectives are met.
What will you be doing?
- Analysing, monitoring and reporting of claims performance to ensure the claims team deliver on strategy
- Identifying operational issues that impact monthly operational performance results across claims services
- Translating collected claims operational data to support the development of claims operational reports
- Assisting in the timely execution and validation of budget and forecasted positions to support business decision making
What are we looking for in you?
- An advanced SQL query user with proven ability to apply key data visualisation principles
- Experience with programming languages like Python or R is valued
- The ability to identify business improvement opportunities and implement operational changes
- Demonstrated ability to be creative in problem solving and to think laterally
- Data visualisation tool experience (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, Microstrategy, Qlik etc.) is desirable
- An eye for detail in analysing processes, performance metrics, and regulatory obligations to support claims services operational reporting
- A passion for insights and numbers with strong commercial acumen
- Strong communications skills and capacity to engage with stakeholders across the business
- Relevant Bachelor degree or equivalent with emphasis in statistics desirable
What can we offer you?
- A rewarding career, professional development and work-life balance
- Generous discounts on home, contents and car insurance plus free roadside assistance
- A competitive base salary plus superannuation
- Member benefits and an active Social Club
- In-house Health and Wellness programs and Platinum WorkSafe Certification
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who will thrive in a culture of continuous improvement and wants to grow their career in data and portfolio analytics. For you to be considered, please upload your cover letter and resume showcasing what you can bring to the team.
Please note: We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as RAC reserves the right to close this vacancy without notice.
If you are shortlisted, you may be invited to complete an online automated video interview as part of our screening process.
For more than 114 years, RAC has been giving back to WA. As a membership organisation, we’re able to reinvest our profits to serve more than one million members and the wider WA community.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, RAC values inclusivity and promotes a workplace that actively seeks to welcome contributions from all people. We encourage people of all abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, diverse cultures and backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ identities, and all age groups to apply.
RAC is committed to flexibility. If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact email@example.com.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend