Mobile Van Technician
Job no: 495435
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: WA Metro
Categories: Roadside Patrol, Mobile Tyre Technician, Light Vehicle Technician
RAC have nine Auto Services Centres across the metro area and an outstanding mobile van fleet providing excellent service to our customers. Our Mobile Van Fleet is currently expanding and we are looking for an experienced Auto Technician to join our hard working, supportive team and reap the rewards working for an organisation who gives back to their employees.
What will you be doing?
As a Mobile Van Technician:
- Providing quality customer service, advice and solutions for vehicle care, repair and maintenance
- Conducting fault diagnosis’s and perform quality services, inspections and repairs to all types of light vehicles across the Perth metropolitan area
- Record vehicle information, parts used and completed work
- Identifying, reporting on and recommending additional works, ensuring work is booked if approved
- Utilising systems to accurately log and record daily activities and work progress
- Continue to develop and maintain technical skillset relevance
- Maintaining repair orders, cleanliness of van, equipment and inventory.
- Completing data entry, record maintenance, invoicing, receipting, part returns and correct allocation of part numbers on repair orders and invoicing.
- Assisting in servicing and repairs at RAC Auto Services workshops when mobile job numbers are low.
What are we looking for in you?
- C Class WA DL and Light Vehicle Automotive Technician qualification (Trade Certification)
- Motor Vehicle Repair Licence (desirable)
- Demonstrated experience in mechanical servicing, repairs and fault diagnostic skills (both mechanical and electric)
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to develop positive workplace relationships
- Previous exposure to working with KPI’s/targets
- Flexibility and willingness to support metro sites if required
What can we offer you?
- A competitive base rate starting from $34 per hour + Overtime + penalties + incentives and uniform
- Generous discounts on home, contents and car insurance, as well as member benefits and free roadside assistance
- In-house Health and Wellness programs and Platinum WorkSafe Certification
- Training, development and upskilling opportunities such as auto air conditioning licences etc
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as RAC reserves the right to close this vacancy without notice. If you would like further information or a confidential conversation about this vacancy, contact the team: firstname.lastname@example.org. Successful candidates will undergo a full medical including a drug and alcohol test and police check including traffic infringements.
For more than 115 years, RAC has been giving back to WA. As a membership organisation, we’re able to reinvest our profits to serve more than one million members and the wider WA community.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, RAC values inclusivity and promotes a workplace that actively seeks to welcome contributions from all people. We encourage people of all abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, diverse cultures and backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ identities, and all age groups to apply.
RAC is committed to flexibility. If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact email@example.com.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend