Personal Finance Consultant
Job no: 495436
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: West Perth
With over 1.1 million members RAC is one of WA’s most iconic and trusted brands. We are committed to building a stronger RAC, ensuring membership remains relevant, purposeful and valued for current and future RAC members.
RAC Finance (RACF) specialise in market leading finance products and services ranging from the provision of personal loans, investment notes and property development finance loans.
What will you be doing?
Reporting to the Personal Finance Manager, this full time, permanent position is responsible for establishing strong member relationships, assessing member loan applications against policy and advising members of the decisions within specified timeframes. Other key responsibilities include;
- Assess consumer loan applications against the RAC Finance Credit Policy to make responsible lending decisions within specified timeframes and delegated authority.
- Undertake member discussions to understand financial information provided on loan applications to support pre-approval or reject decisions.
- Keep members informed of loan outcomes and complete follow up calls to progress loan applications to settlement.
- Analyse data and complete necessary credit assessment checks, to ensure an acceptable level of risk, whilst adhering to legislative and policy requirements.
- Promote consumer loan protection to members to achieve sales targets.
- Provide relief to team as required and perform other duties as requested.
A key requirement of the role is the flexibility to work one week in the RAC head office and the alternate week from home. If applying for the role, please ensure you have a suitable workspace at home, internet access and the flexibility to work a rotating roster.
What are we looking for in you?
To be considered for the role, you will need to meet the following criteria;
- Previous loan assessment experience is required (banking or finance industry experience preferred).
- Demonstrated understanding of loan conditions and documentation requirements.
- Tier 2 (RG146) accreditation is desirable.
- Good understanding of National Credit Code, responsible lending obligations, Privacy Act and Credit policy.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability and decision-making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong customer focus and ability to deliver customer-centric solutions.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work as part of a team and contribute towards team results and KPI’s.
- Computer literate with sound Microsoft Office skills
Please Note: Applications close 5.00pm Monday 28th September 2020. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as RAC reserves the right to close this vacancy without notice.
What can we offer you?
- RAC Benefits
- A competitive base salary plus superannuation
- Professional career development and training
- Generous discounts on home, contents and car insurance, plus free roadside assistance
- Member benefits and opportunity to join a very active Social Club
- In-house Health and Wellness programs and Platinum WorkSafe Certification
For more than 115 years, RAC has been giving back to WA. As a membership organisation, we’re able to reinvest our profits to serve more than one million members and the wider WA community. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, RAC values inclusivity and promotes a workplace that actively seeks to welcome contributions from all people. We encourage people of all abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, diverse cultures and backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ identities, and all age groups to apply.
RAC is committed to flexibility. If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend