Senior Developer/ Data Engineer
Job no: 495473
Work type: Maximum Term Full Time
Location: West Perth
- Help establish our data analytics platform
- Direct ability for you to shape product and outcomes
- 12 month maximum term contract
We are seeking a Senior Developer/Data Engineer to join our Data Analytics team within Business Systems supporting our RAC Insurance business.
Join us as we establish a data analytics platform that will enable the business to directly query and self-serve their own data needs. You will be involved in designing, developing and maintaining the data analytics software platform. This is an exciting time to join our team, help shape this journey and make a difference.
This will initially be offered as a 12 month maximum term contract.
Who are you?
- You are passionate about technology and developing software is your hobby
- You have solid experience in modern engineering practices and believe in the craftsmanship of software engineering
- You have an affinity for data projects, data analytics, and potential machine learning, with good attention to detail
- You believe in teamwork and are able to communicate effectively with the people around you
- You are an innovative thinker and able to use technology in creative ways to meet member needs
What skills and experience do you bring?
- Significant experience developing in .NET with excellent knowledge of C# is highly desirable
- Experience with Apache Spark on Azure, particularly PySpark, is highly desirable
- Experience with Databricks is desirable
- Experience in developing a data lake is desirable
- Experience in designing, delivering and maintaining quality, durable, software products in an agile environment, including test driven development, is essential
- Being a true collaborative team player, experienced in working with and mentoring junior developers, is essential
- A commitment to quality outcomes within time and budget is essential
- Tertiary qualifications in software engineering or IT related field are essential
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to experience and use new cloud compute platforms, including Apache Spark on Azure
- Working in an environment that is embracing a culture of experimentation to support learning, even taking part in quarterly hackathons where you have the freedom to work on anything you choose that will provide some value back to RAC
- Being part of an empowered, cross-functional agile team that works daily with the business to build systems that solve problems
- Be involved in building data analytics systems that will shape the future for RAC and a better WA
If you are looking for your next opportunity to work on a new wave of technologies and solutions, apply online now. Please send us your CV showcasing what you can bring to the team.
Please note: We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as RAC reserves the right to close this vacancy without notice.
If you are shortlisted, you may be invited to complete an online automated video interview as part of our screening process.
For more than 115 years, RAC has been giving back to WA. As a membership organisation, we’re able to reinvest our profits to serve more than one million members and the wider WA community.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, RAC values inclusivity and promotes a workplace that actively seeks to welcome contributions from all people. We encourage people of all abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, diverse cultures and backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ identities, and all age groups to apply.
RAC is committed to flexibility. If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact email@example.com.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend