Senior UX Designer
Job no: 495480
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: West Perth
Categories: Digital & Development
As a Senior Digital UX Designer this role involves working in a collaborative team environment following member centred design principles to create effective, cohesive and engaging design solutions that meet the needs of varied customers.
This is a full time permanent opportunity. You will be working within the Digital UX Team to actively support the delivery of member centred Digital Strategy 2020, predominantly focused on the continuation of the current delivery of and adoption of an enterprise wide Design System.
What will you be doing?
- Collaborate with various Design and Development teams to assist with building out components and patterns for teams to use within projects.
- Be involved in promoting User Experience culture across the organisation.
- Regular engagement of the UX Guild to capture learnings from projects to help share improvements that can be made for future projects and other teams.
- Guide the member experience design activities for business as usual and strategic projects.
- Understand the member and business context by planning, prioritising, coordinating, and conducting user requirements analysis, stakeholder interviews, opportunity and competitor analysis.
- Create and refine member experience strategies and conceptual frameworks; user journeys, empathy maps, service blueprints, touchpoint analysis, personas, storyboards, scenarios, flowcharts, and design prototypes.
- Conduct workshops with internal clients to define project scope objectives, target audience, marketing and advertising opportunities.
- Create deliverables including prototypes, conceptual diagrams, site maps, interaction flows, storyboards, page/screen schematics/wire-frames, content inventories, in line with Digital Strategy.
What are we looking for in you?
This role would be ideal for a collaborative and creative individual, who has a natural flair in building and maintaining strong working relationships with key stakeholders. In addition, you will also have:
- Passion for Design Systems across an organisation, from improvements to delivery to team empowerment and everything in between.
- Focus on aiming to continuously improve and provide the highest quality products and services which meet the needs and requirements of end users.
- Excellent communication skills; with the ability to present and discuss technical information to establishes engagement with others and gain understanding.
- A strong growth mindset and willingness to share knowledge with others.
- Ability to work autonomously or within a team to assist with in delivery of a project roadmap.
- Strong conceptual, information architecture and interface design skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Human Centred Design principles, design thinking methodology and understanding of various frameworks.
- Fluency with design and prototyping tools such as Figma or other design tools.
- Exposure or use of tools such as Zeroheight and Storybook is desirable.
- Skills in front-end development HTML, CSS, Bootstrap and understanding of other frameworks
We are looking for enthusiastic, forward thinking individuals who will thrive in a culture of continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation. If you have a genuine passion for innovative technical solutions that deliver business value, the fortitude to follow best practice delivery approaches and the aptitude to build strong working relationships with multiple project stakeholders, we would like to hear from you.
If shortlisted, you may be asked to complete an automated video interview as a part of our screening process.
Please note: We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as RAC reserves the right to close this vacancy without notice.
For more than 115 years, RAC has been giving back to WA. As a membership organisation, we’re able to reinvest our profits to serve more than one million members and the wider WA community.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, RAC values inclusivity and promotes a workplace that actively seeks to welcome contributions from all people. We encourage people of all abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, diverse cultures and backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ identities, and all age groups to apply.
RAC is committed to flexibility. If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact email@example.com.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend