Auto Technician (Mechanic)
Job no: 495489
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: WA Metro
Categories: Light Vehicle Technician
RAC currently operate nine Auto Service Centre’s across the metro area providing servicing, maintenance and repair work to member and non-member vehicles.
Reporting to the Team Leader, this position is a permanent, full-time opportunity for an experienced Auto Technician to join the team or a Technician looking to take that next step in their career into a Senior position
What will you be doing?
With the opportunity to demonstrate and develop your relevant technical skillset, you will:
- Complete vehicle inspections, servicing and repairs, including quality checks of work completed.
- Conduct vehicle fault diagnosis checks, including advanced fault diagnosis.
- Complete major and complex repairs and identifying and reporting on additional recommended works.
- Maintain repair orders, recording vehicle information, logging all parts used and work completed.
- Develop and maintaining technical skillset relevance.
- Maintain a safe working environment whilst ensuring a high level of work bay/workshop cleanliness
What are we looking for?
You will have:
- A valid Trade qualification (automotive) and a Motor Vehicle Repairs License;
- Extensive experience diagnostics, servicing and repair work on a broad range of light vehicles;
- Demonstrated team work in a workshop service and repair industry environment;
- An understanding of KPI’s (productivity, efficiency, revenue generation and customer satisfaction);
- Proven problem-solving experience and sound computer skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge of workplace HSE.
What can we offer you?
- Generous discounts on home, contents and car insurance, plus free roadside assistance
- A competitive base salary plus Super
- Member benefits and opportunity to join a very active Social Club
- In-house Health and Wellness programs and Platinum WorkSafe Certification
We are looking for someone enthusiastic who will thrive in a culture of continuous improvement. To be considered, please formally apply by completing an online application.]
Please note: Applications close Friday 7th November 2020. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as RAC reserves the right to close this vacancy without notice.
For more than 115 years, RAC has been giving back to WA. As a membership organisation, we’re able to reinvest our profits to serve more than one million members and the wider WA community.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, RAC values inclusivity and promotes a workplace that actively seeks to welcome contributions from all people. We encourage people of all abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, diverse cultures and backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ identities, and all age groups to apply.
RAC is committed to flexibility. If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend