First Year LV Automotive Apprentice
Job no: 495499
Work type: Maximum Term Full Time, Permanent Full Time
Location: WA Metro
RAC is one of Western Australia’s most trusted brands and has been a part of the WA community since 1905. From our origins as a motoring club, we have grown to an organisation of over 1,400 employees serving more than 840,000 members with a diverse range of products and services.
Operating nine Auto Service Centre’s across the metro area providing servicing, maintenance and repair work to member and non-member vehicles. Join Western Australia’s most recognised brand!
We have an exciting highly sought after First Year Apprentice opportunity available across our RAC Auto Service Centre’s.
What will you be doing?
You will be responsible for:
- Attending and participating in all required training along with completion of logbooks
- Developing the ability to perform quality servicing and mechanical repairs to all types of vehicles under supervision and guidance of fully qualified Automotive Technicians
- Preparing repair orders and capturing parts issued
- Maintaining a safe work environment and cleanliness of the work bay/workshop
- General administration duties
Reporting to the Team Leader, this role is offered on a four-year full-time contract basis - the term of your apprenticeship. These roles will start in January 2021.
What are we looking for?
- A strong desire to pursue a career in mechanical with a keen interest in the automotive industry (light vehicle)
- An ability to learn in a workplace and classroom environment
- Demonstrated team work
- Proven reliability and punctuality
- Established flexibility, initiative, enthusiasm and self-motivation
- A positive, can do friendly attitude
- Sound customer service skills
- A valid WA 'C' class driving licence
- Cert II Pre-Apprenticeship (desirable)
This role requires flexibility to transfer to other centres when required along with a highly motivated, can do, team focussed attitude.
What can we offer you?
- Generous discounts on home, contents and car insurance, as well as member benefits and free roadside assistance
- A competitive hourly rate + OT + incentives + benefits
- An active Social Club
- In-house Health and Wellness programs and Platinum WorkSafe Certification
- Full uniform
- Career development opportunities
If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to complete an online automated video interview as part of our screening process. There will be ongoing assessments and if successful to a particular stage in the recruitment process, a full medical including a drug and alcohol test.
If you would like further information or a confidential conversation about this vacancy, please contact Martina O’Brien on 9436 4906. Please note: We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as RAC reserves the right to close this vacancy without notice.
For more than 115 years, RAC has been giving back to WA. As a membership organisation, we’re able to reinvest our profits to serve more than one million members and the wider WA community.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, RAC values inclusivity and promotes a workplace that actively seeks to welcome contributions from all people. We encourage people of all abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, diverse cultures and backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ identities, and all age groups to apply.
RAC is committed to flexibility. If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close Friday 20th November 2020
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend