Project Support Assistant
Job no: 495533
Work type: Maximum Term Full Time
Location: West Perth
Categories: Public Policy, Advocacy, Administration Assistant
Advocacy performs a strategic function aligned to RAC’s Purpose and Vision. The intent of the social impact program is to support a safer, sustainable and connected future for Western Australians through the delivery of projects, initiatives and engagement activities.
The Public Policy and Mobility team works within and beyond the organisation to:
- Reduce road fatalities and serious injuries
- Reduce Noxious and Carbon Dioxide emissions from cars
- Enhance liveability and the extent to which people feel, and are connected within their community
Reduce the cost of private motoring and public transport.
What’s the role?
Reporting to the Operations Lead (Mobility Projects) you will provide project and administrative support to assist in the implementation of exciting community-focused projects.
What will you be doing?
- Planning logistics and attending community events including coordinating staff, team rostering, preparing run sheets, arranging bookings and making merchandise deliveries
- Creating and maintaining process and procedural documents
- Representing RAC at meetings with internal and external stakeholders and assisting with meeting preparation and minutes
- Coordinating member and stakeholder feedback ensuring investigation and resolution is completed where appropriate
- Coordinating risk management assessments adopting a preventative approach to risk mitigation
What are we looking for?
- An enthusiastic individual who will thrive in a culture of continuous improvement
- Proven and successful experience in a similar role with strong project administration, events and/or marketing experience
- Ability to forward plan, show initiative and organise work priorities and coordinate administrative tasks within deadlines
- Intermediate to advanced PowerPoint, Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail and emphasis on accuracy
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and particularly written communication skills, with attention to content, grammar and use of appropriate language suitable for the intended audience
- Excellent time management skills
Please send us your resume and covering letter highlighting your experience in relation to the role.
This position is offered on a 6-month maximum term contract basis.
Please note: We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as RAC reserves the right to close this vacancy without notice.
What can we offer you?
- Member benefits and opportunity to join a very active Social Club
- In-house Health and Wellness programs and Platinum WorkSafe Certification
For more than 115 years, RAC has been giving back to WA. As a membership organisation, we’re able to reinvest our profits to serve more than one million members and the wider WA community.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, RAC values inclusivity and promotes a workplace that actively seeks to welcome contributions from all people. We encourage people of all abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, diverse cultures and backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ identities, and all age groups to apply.
RAC is committed to flexibility. If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact email@example.com.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend