Mobile Tyre Technician
Job no: 495576
Work type: Maximum Term Full Time
Location: WA Metro
Categories: Mobile Tyre Technician
RAC is one of Western Australia’s most trusted brands and has been a part of the WA community since 1905. From our origins as a motoring club, we have grown to an organisation of over 1,400 employees serving more than one million members with a diverse range of products and services.
What’s the role?
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, customer focussed individual to join our cohesive team of Mobile Tyre Technicians. Your workplace will be a fully customised Mercedes Sprinter with all equipment. You will deliver professional and efficient mobile tyre fitting, repair, service and advice to customers.
This autonomous role carries out a range of responsibilities including:
- Providing quality advice and solutions to customers;
- Inspecting tyres to identify damage and wear and tear;
- Supplying and fitting replacement tyres;
- Undertaking wheel alignments, balancing, rotating tyres and puncture repairs;
- Road testing vehicles for quality assurance and safety; and
- Adhering to OSH legislative and RAC requirements.
This role is offered as a full-time 12 month maximum term contract position with training and ongoing on the job support.
Standard hours are 42 per week, Monday to Saturday (4 hours on Saturday).
What are we looking for?
This role suits a highly motivated customer service focussed technician, including:
- Experience delivering outstanding customer service and utilising sales and negotiation skills;
- Ability to work effectively with minimal to no supervision to manage work schedules and meet deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong problem solving and automotive diagnostic skills;
- C Class WA Drivers Licence;
- Strong understanding of and commitment to health and safety.
- Motor Vehicle Repairer’s Certificate (TFL)
What can we offer you?
- Generous discounts on insurance + plus free roadside assistance
- A competitive base salary plus Super
- Member benefits and opportunity to join a very active Social Club
- In-house Health and Wellness programs and Platinum WorkSafe Certification
To apply for this opportunity please send us your current resume and application letter addressing the selection criteria via the "apply now" icon.
Please note: We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as RAC reserves the right to close this vacancy without notice.
For more than 116 years, RAC has been giving back to WA. As a membership organisation, we’re able to reinvest our profits to serve more than one million members and the wider WA community.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, RAC values inclusivity and promotes a workplace that actively seeks to welcome contributions from all people. We encourage people of all abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, diverse cultures and backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ identities, and all age groups to apply.
RAC is committed to flexibility. If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend