Customer Service / Claims Specialist
Job no: 495590
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: West Perth
Join our vibrant RAC Insurance claims team and know you are making a difference to the lives of our members every day. We are seeking motivated and customer focused individuals who will exceed our member’s expectations during their time of need.
What will you be doing?
- Consistently delivering exceptional customer service to our members
- Providing personalised attention while processing new claims and handling claim enquiries
- Accurately obtaining and recording sensitive data to support successful claim outcomes
- Making liability decisions based on accurate event descriptions, factual evidence and data retrieval
- Contributing to business improvements via our continuous improvement and innovation channels
What are we looking for in you?
- A passion for providing exceptional service and demonstrated experience going above and beyond in your interactions with customers
- Understand and explain technical and complex information
- Display empathy and resilience when helping members in difficult situations and when having challenging conversations
- Embrace and participate positively in change
- Must be able to work across a seven-day roster. Monday to Friday 7:00am – 8:30pm and Saturday and Sunday 8:30am – 5:00pm
This role also requires strong computer literacy, the ability to use many applications at once and entering information while on the phone to a member.
Prior experience in Insurance or contact centre environment is not required.
What can we offer you?
- Comprehensive training program and ongoing support
- Generous discounts on home, contents and car insurance plus free roadside assistance
- A competitive base salary plus superannuation
- Member benefits and an active Social Club
- In-house Health and Wellness programs and Platinum WorkSafe Certification
- Flexible working environment including option of a nine-day fortnight for full-time positions is available after initial training period
*Training will commence on Monday 8 March 2020.
Please note: We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as RAC reserves the right to close this vacancy without notice.
If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to complete an online automated video interview as part of our screening process.
For more than 115 years, RAC has been giving back to WA. As a membership organisation, we’re able to reinvest our profits to serve more than one million members and the wider WA community.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, RAC values inclusivity and promotes a workplace that actively seeks to welcome contributions from all people. We encourage people of all abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, diverse cultures and backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ identities, and all age groups to apply.
RAC is committed to flexibility. If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact email@example.com.
Have you already applied? Previous applicants need not apply
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend