Senior Manager Health, Safety & Wellbeing
Job no: 495595
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: West Perth
Categories: Management, Health & Safety
RAC is one of WA’s most iconic and trusted brands. We are committed to building a stronger RAC, ensuring membership remains relevant, purposeful and valued for current and future RAC members.
As part of Group HR, the Health & Safety (H&S) team are responsible for protecting the H&S of our people, members and business partners in line with our values and behaviours. Promoting a positive H&S culture through active participation, consultation and cooperation of our people, members and contractors we strive to achieve the highest health and safety standards.
The Senior Manager Health, Safety & Wellbeing leads the H&S function across all RAC businesses ranging from Motoring, Security, Insurance and Parks & Resorts (to name a few), partnering with the business to provide professional services, strategic direction and effective solutions to deliver and embed a strong safety culture for RAC.
What will you be doing?
Reporting into the General Manager of Human Resources, key responsibilities will include;
- Overall accountability for Health & Safety incl.; WorkSafe Plan audit, H&S systems, training and management of critical risks.
- Overall accountability for Injury Management & Workers’ Compensation incl.; strategies for cost reductions through case management, training, reporting & systems.
- Overall accountability for Boost program incl.; wellness programs to improve or maintain physical fitness & mental health.
- Overall accountability for delivering RACs’ Health & Safety strategic plan.
- Prepare H&S reports and papers on strategic issues to the Holdings Board and Group Audit & Risk Committee.
- Manage the financial performance of H&S to achieve annual operating and expense targets.
- Provide effective leadership to the Health & Safety team aligned to RACs’ vision.
What are we looking for in you?
As a member-based organisation alignment to our values is essential, in addition too;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Health & Safety, or equivalent is mandatory.
- Current First Aid qualification (HLTAID003) is mandatory.
- Experience in a leadership position in a large organisation.
- Experience implementing effective H&S programs in a variety of customer focused industries.
- Knowledge & experience in H&S management systems & legislation.
- Knowledge & experience of Workers’ Compensation and/or health promotion programs.
- Ability to demonstrate an action orientated and results driven working style.
- Ability to communicate effectively, influence and collaborate with others across the organisation.
Please note: Applications close 5.00pm Monday, 18th January 2021. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as RAC reserves the right to close this vacancy without notice. Interviews may commence prior to closing date.
What can we offer you?
- A competitive base salary plus superannuation
- Professional career development and training
- Generous discounts on home, contents and car insurance, plus free roadside assistance
- Member benefits and opportunity to join a very active Social Club
- In-house Health and Wellness programs and Platinum WorkSafe Certification
For more than 115 years, RAC has been giving back to WA. As a membership organisation, we’re able to reinvest our profits to serve more than one million members and the wider WA community.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, RAC values inclusivity and promotes a workplace that actively seeks to welcome contributions from all people. We encourage people of all abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, diverse cultures and backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ identities, and all age groups to apply.
RAC is committed to flexibility. If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact email@example.com.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend