Job no: 495602
Work type: Maximum Term Full Time
Location: West Perth
Categories: Platform Services
Start the new year with a new position as a DevOps Engineer focused on Azure. If you have strong software development background this could be the role for you. Our DevOps engineers work within our project squads.
Reporting to the DevOps Chapter Lead, this is a one year max term opportunity. You will work on projects that will directly benefit and enhance our member experience.
What will you be doing?
- Influence architectural decisions, implement and manage core infrastructure, develop internal tools and automate as many processes as possible
- Lead and guide other DevOps Engineers in the execution of uplifts across build engineering, release engineering, configuration management and environment management practices
- Contribute to shaping DevOps practices and culture change required for transition to a DevOps centric delivery approach
- Perform hands-on automation tasks to treat infrastructure as code
- Lead code and design reviews
- Provide execution of activities related to infrastructure, security, continuous integration, continuous deployment, IT operations and metrics
- Collaborate with System Administrators, Developers, Testers, Architects, Business Analysts and DevOps Engineers in RACWA
What are we looking for?
- Demonstrable enterprise wide experience in DevOps practices required
- Experience with the creation and/or growing of DevOps practices and culture change required
- Experience in teaching, mentoring, and coaching DevOps practices to all levels of seniority required
- Experience working in cross functional Agile teams (e.g. teams responsible for business, development, QA, and operations outcomes) required
- Experience with build and deployment tools to implement CI/CD (e.g. Azure DevOps, BitBucket, Jenkins)
- Experience using configuration management and automation (e.g. Puppet, Powershell DSC, Ansible, Chef, Terraform)
- Certification in designing, building and supporting solutions in Azure is desirable
- Relevant domain certifications and experience (e.g. MS SQL, C#, etc) are desirable
What can we offer you?
- A rewarding career, professional development and work-life balance
- Generous discounts on home, contents and car insurance, as well as member benefits and free roadside assistance
- A competitive base salary plus Super and a very active Social Club
If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to complete an online automated video interview as part of our screening process.
Please note: We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as RAC reserves the right to close this vacancy without notice.
For more information please contact Jason Crooks - Talent Acquisition Partner - IT on 08 9436 4486.
For more than 115 years, RAC has been giving back to WA. As a membership organisation, we’re able to reinvest our profits to serve more than one million members and the wider WA community.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, RAC values inclusivity and promotes a workplace that actively seeks to welcome contributions from all people. We encourage people of all abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, diverse cultures and backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ identities, and all age groups to apply.
RAC is committed to flexibility. If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact email@example.com.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend