Control Assurance Specialist
Job no: 495655
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: West Perth
Categories: Risk & Compliance
Controls Assurance Specialist
We are looking for an experienced professional to join the Risk & Compliance team at RAC Insurance in a Controls Assurance role.
Reporting to the Risk Manager, the Controls Assurance Specialist will perform ongoing design effectiveness testing of internal controls and improve control documentation and testing requirements to enhance organisational resilience and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
What will you be doing?
- Work closely with various lines of businesses to ensure delivery of an effective Controls Assurance Program
- Drive continuous improvement of control assurance through implementation of continuous control monitoring, automation and control definition
- Assist the Business in operational effectiveness testing and to define testing frequency and sample size for identified key controls
- Facilitate risk workshops to assess and document controls, including control objectives and testing steps
What are we looking for in you?
- Audit experience, process analysis and control documentation experience ideal
- A strong background in controls and an understanding of operational risk frameworks (understanding of ISO 31000 Standard)
- Demonstrated experience delivering control environment change in response to business transformation or regulatory change initiatives would be an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively in an ambiguous environment that requires agility and flexibility of approach
- Substantial knowledge of operational risk management
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
What can we offer you?
- A rewarding career, professional development and work-life balance
- Generous discounts on home, contents and car insurance plus free roadside assistance
- A competitive base salary plus superannuation
- Member benefits and an active Social Club
- In-house Health and Wellness programs and Platinum WorkSafe Certification
If you have demonstrated experience in a similar role and will thrive in an environment where you can work autonomously towards a shared goal and deliver a consultative, collaborative approach with your stakeholders, we would like to hear from you.
To be considered, please upload your cover letter and CV showcasing what you can bring to the team.
Please note: We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as RAC reserves the right to close this vacancy without notice.
If you are shortlisted, you may be invited to complete an online automated video interview as part of our screening process.
For more than 115 years, RAC has been giving back to WA. As a membership organisation, we’re able to reinvest our profits to serve more than one million members and the wider WA community.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, RAC values inclusivity and promotes a workplace that actively seeks to welcome contributions from all people. We encourage people of all abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, diverse cultures and backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ identities, and all age groups to apply.
RAC is committed to flexibility. If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend