Mobile Service Mechanic
Job no: 495723
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: WA Metro
Categories: Light Vehicle Technician
RAC Auto Services is one of the fastest growing areas of our business. We have an opportunity for a qualified mobile mechanic looking for long term, sustainable and permanent role to join the team in Morley and servicing the surrounding suburbs!
What is on your check list when you look for your new job?
- Job security with sustainable and competitive salary - CHECK
- Engaged, welcoming and approachable team environment - CHECK
- Supported career growth through development opportunities - CHECK
- Unique employee benefits and lifestyle only available to RAC employees - CHECK
RAC is focused on your safety, working together as a cohesive unit and providing the best experience for our members to see them return each and every time! Everyone who works at RAC plays a role in helping make WA a better place. We strongly value our employees, and as a way of saying thanks, we offer benefits that help make RAC a great place to work and that you cant get anywhere else!
What will you be doing?
We currently have nine auto services centres throughout the metro area of Perth. In addition to this, our members requested a flexible service that comes to them versus going to a centre and we responded!
With the success and positive feedback for providing this service, we are expanding our Mobile Mechanic workforce!
This role is predominately an autonomous position. You will be responsible to schedule your work orders and providing exceptional service fulfilling the main duties below:
- Conduct fault diagnosis’s and perform quality services, inspections and repairs to all types of light vehicles across the Perth metropolitan area
- Providing quality customer service, advice and solutions for vehicle care, repair and maintenance
- Identifying, reporting on and recommending additional works, ensuring work is booked if approved
- Using systems to accurately log and record daily activities and work progress
- Assisting in servicing and repairs at RAC Auto Services workshops when mobile job numbers are low.
What are we looking for in you?
- C Class WA DL and Light Vehicle Automotive Technician qualification (Trade Certification)
- Motor Vehicle Repair Licence (desirable)
- Demonstrated experience in mechanical servicing, repairs and fault diagnostic skills (both mechanical and electric)
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to develop positive workplace relationships
- Flexibility and willingness to support metro sites if required
What can we offer you?
- $2000 New Starter Bonus!! $500 starting bonus and $1500 paid upon successful completion of probation
- Competitive salary with guaranteed annual increases in line with the Enterprise Agreement
- Company Uniform
- Generous discounts on home, contents and car insurance, as well as member benefits, free roadside assistance and more! Visit benefits and lifestyle page to view all our employee benefits!
Successful candidates will undergo a full medical including a drug and alcohol test and police check including traffic infringements.
For more than 115 years, RAC has been giving back to WA. As a membership organisation, we’re able to reinvest our profits to serve more than one million members and the wider WA community.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, RAC values inclusivity and promotes a workplace that actively seeks to welcome contributions from all people. We encourage people of all abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, diverse cultures and backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ identities, and all age groups to apply.
RAC is committed to flexibility. If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as RAC reserves the right to close this vacancy without notice.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend