Job no: 495750
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: WA Metro
Categories: Light Vehicle Technician
RAC Auto Services is one of the fastest growing areas of our business. We have an opportunity for a qualified mechanic looking for long term, sustainable and permanent roles to join the team as our Canning Vale location!
What is on your check list when you look for your new job?
- Job security - CHECK
- Achievable financial incentives paid monthly - CHECK
- Sustainable and competitive hourly rates with overtime and penalties - CHECK
- Engaged, welcoming and approachable team environment - CHECK
- Supported career growth through development opportunities - CHECK
RAC provides workshop environments focused on your safety, working together as a cohesive unit and providing the best experience for our members to see them return each and every time! Everyone who works at RAC plays a role in helping make WA a better place. We strongly value our employees, and as a way of saying thanks, we offer benefits that help make RAC a great place to work and that you cant get anywhere else!
What will you be doing?
Every day is different and challenging as this role isn’t just limited to servicing, every workshop also receives jobs towed in by Roadside Assistance which provide all sorts of challenges and variety in your day and exposure to learning and development opportunities.
The main duties will be:
- Service and repairs on all types of light vehicles via mechanical/electrical diagnostics
- Using systems to accurately log and record daily activities and work progress
- Providing mentoring, guidance and support to Apprentices and fellow Technicians
What are we looking for in you?
- Light Vehicle Automotive Technician qualification (Trade qualification)
- Experience in mechanical servicing, repairs, and fault diagnostic skills
- C Class WA Driving License
What can we offer you?
- $2000 New Starter Bonus!! $500 starting bonus and $1500 paid upon successful completion of probation
- Competitive hourly rates with guaranteed annual increases in line with the Enterprise Agreement
- Overtime and Saturday Overtime paid at penalty rates
- Monthly incentives – capped at $750
- Guaranteed weekly Tool Allowances
- Company Uniform
- Discounts on RAC Insurance, Travel, Finance, Security, member benefits and more! Visit benefits and lifestyle page to view all our employee benefits!
Successful candidates will undergo a full medical including a drug and alcohol test and police check including traffic infringements.
For more than 115 years, RAC has been giving back to WA. As a membership organisation, we’re able to reinvest our profits to serve more than one million members and the wider WA community.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, RAC values inclusivity and promotes a workplace that actively seeks to welcome contributions from all people. We encourage people of all abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, diverse cultures and backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ identities, and all age groups to apply.
RAC is committed to flexibility. If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact email@example.com.
Please note: We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as RAC reserves the right to close this vacancy without notice.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend