Compliance & Assurance Lead
Job no: 495888
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: West Perth
Categories: Risk & Compliance, Product
- Join a WA market leading insurer
- Newly established role to make your mark and grow
- West Perth based
With over 1.1 million members RAC is one of WA’s most iconic and trusted brands. We are a purpose-led member organisation striving to create greater value for our members and deliver on our purpose to be “The driving force for a better WA.”
We are seeking an experienced compliance professional to deliver effective Compliance and Controls Assurance programs for the Product & Sales business unit within our RAC Insurance business. You’ll collaborate with Product & Sales leaders and team members, Insurance Risk & Compliance and Claims teams as well as Sales & Member Service to contribute to achieving an aligned and effective risk culture.
What you’ll be doing?
- Implementing and maintaining processes, controls and monitoring programs for the effective management and reporting of compliance risks
- Leading action to close out Audit requirements
- Working with Insurance Risk and Compliance team on training content to upskill team members in meeting regulatory and compliance requirements
- Providing coaching to Product & Sales leaders to understand and meet compliance obligations
- Contributing to the investigation and assessment of incidents and breaches
- Recommending response and remedial action for issues, incidents and breaches
- Driving risk culture initiatives in collaboration with the Insurance Risk and Compliance team
- Providing effective and timely reporting of Product and Sales incident responses to relevant internal stakeholders
- Liaise with Regulatory bodies for ad hoc requests
- Commitment to putting members at the centre of everything you do
- Compliance experience with operational aspects of financial services required and insurance industry experience highly valued
- Knowledge of risk and compliance management standards and methods
- Ability to take initiative and generate ideas resulting in continuous improvement
- Ability to collaborate, communicate and influence with a variety of stakeholders, internally and externally
- Tertiary qualifications in Insurance, Risk Management, Commerce or a related field desirable
- ASIC Tier 2 PS-146 qualified desirable
What can we offer you?
- A workplace culture where our people feel valued, respected and empowered
- Work in flexible ways that meet work/life commitments and support wellbeing
- Be part of a purpose led organisation that gives back to the WA community
- An environment that values ongoing career development
- Free Roadside Assistance and discounts on RAC products and services including Insurance, Holiday Parks and Resorts, Security, Finance and Auto Services
- Opportunities for community engagement and corporate volunteering
We are looking for an experienced compliance professional who will thrive in a culture of continuous improvement. Apply with an online application - please send us your cover letter and CV showcasing what you can bring to the team.
Please note: We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as RAC reserves the right to close this vacancy without notice.
If you are shortlisted, you may be invited to complete an online automated video interview as part of our screening process.
RAC are looking for people who are committed to building a safer, sustainable and connected future for West Australians. From Insurance, Auto Service Centres, Roadside Patrols, Travel, Security, Holiday Parks and Resorts to Finance – we are a diverse, profit for purpose organisation, that has been reinvesting our profits back into the WA community for more than 115 years.
Supporting Diversity & Inclusion
RAC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application or contact email@example.com for assistance through the recruitment process.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend