Centre Development Manager
Job no: 495980
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: WA Metro
Categories: Management, Light Vehicle Technician
We have a career defining opportunity for a motivated, practical and experienced Centre Development Manager (Service Manager) to lead our Morley Auto Service Centre.
What will you be doing?
You strive to grow and develop the overall operational performance of the automotive centre in line with our Auto Services strategic plan. In addition, you lead a small professional team of Service Advisors', Team Leader and Detailer/Driver. Responsibilities include:
- Ownership of the Centre’s key performance indicators, including: revenue, profitability, quality assurance, compliance management
- Management and monitoring of health, safety and environment compliance
- Performance planning and management of staff in accordance with RAC policies and procedures
- Providing customer and member service excellence
- Optimisation and growth of the existing client base
- Review, recommend and implement operational improvements to ensure efficient operations
- Inventory/stock/equipment management
- Escalation points for customer feedback and complaint resolution
- Participation in retention, recruitment and selection activities
Reporting to the Operations Manager (North), this position is offered on a permanent, full-time basis.
What are we looking for in you?
You will utilise your previous auto industry experience combined with demonstrated coaching and consultative leadership style and will also maintain:
- A sound level of sales and business acumen
- Proven experience in growing an existing client base
- A high level of both written and verbal communication and relationship management skills
- Strong problem solving, conflict resolution and decision-making skills
- Well-developed organisational and planning skills, along with an ability to multi-task and remain calm under pressure
- Experience coaching and developing staff and creating a highly engaged work culture
- Tertiary qualification in management or similar is desirable
What can we offer you?
- A competitive base salary plus Super and lucrative quarterly incentive structure
- A yearly travel allowance up to $5000.00
- Generous discounts on home, contents and car insurance, as well as member benefits and free roadside assistance
- In-house Health and Wellness programs and Platinum WorkSafe Certification
- Ongoing development opportunities
- An active social club
If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to complete an online automated video interview as part of our screening process. If you would like further information or a confidential conversation about this vacancy, please contact Martina O’Brien on 9436 4906.
Please note: We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as RAC reserves the right to close this vacancy without notice.
For more than 115 years, RAC has been giving back to WA. As a membership organisation, we’re able to reinvest our profits to serve more than one million members and the wider WA community.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, RAC values inclusivity and promotes a workplace that actively seeks to welcome contributions from all people. We encourage people of all abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, diverse cultures and backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ identities, and all age groups to apply.
RAC is committed to flexibility. If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend