Job no: 496128
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: West Perth
Categories: Digital & Development, Applications, Agile
- New opportunity for a Data Engineer to join the team
- Build our data analytics platform working with Apache Spark in Python (PySpark)
- Build your career with a trusted WA brand and market leader in Insurance
With over 1.1 million members RAC is one of WA’s most iconic and trusted brands. We are a purpose-led member organisation striving to create greater value for our members and deliver on our purpose to be “The driving force for a better WA.”
Are you passionate about technology, developing software and excited to be part of a successful organisation that’s all about making WA a better place? Then we’d love to hear from you.
We are on a digital transformation journey to harness contemporary cloud technologies and ways of working, enhancing our member experience. As we leverage the cloud platform and rapidly expand what’s on offer for our members, we are now seeking a Data Engineer to join our collaborative, agile delivery teams in Business Systems supporting our RAC Insurance business.
This is a truly exciting time to join our team as we embrace data and digital growth to benefit our members. You can help shape this journey and make a difference.
- You have experience with modern data practices including large scale data loading, manipulation, exploration and cleansing
- You are passionate about technology and developing software is your hobby
- You have solid experience in modern engineering practices and believe in the craftsmanship of software engineering
- You believe in teamwork and communicate effectively with the people around you
- You are an innovative thinker and use technology in creative ways to meet member needs
What skills and experience do you bring?
- Experience with Apache Spark on Azure, particularly PySpark, is highly desirable
- Experience with Databricks is desirable
- Experience in developing a data lake is desirable
- Experience in designing, delivering and maintaining quality, durable, software products in an agile environment
- Being a true collaborative team player, experienced in working with and mentoring junior developers
- A commitment to quality outcomes within time and budget
- Tertiary qualifications in software engineering or IT related field
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to build experience and exposure to new technology sets and Azure cloud including Apache Spark on Azure
- Working in an environment that is embracing a culture of experimentation to support learning; taking part in quarterly hackathons where you have the freedom to work on ideas providing value back to the RAC and our members
- Being part of an empowered, cross-functional agile delivery team that works daily with the business to build systems that solve problems
- Building digital systems that will shape the future for the RAC and a better WA
If you are looking for your next opportunity to work on a new wave of technologies and solutions, apply online now. Please send us your CV showcasing what you can bring to the team.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as RAC reserves the right to close this vacancy without notice.
RAC are looking for people who are committed to building a safer, sustainable and connected future for West Australians. From Insurance, Auto Service Centres, Roadside Patrols, Travel, Security, Holiday Parks and Resorts to Finance – we are a diverse, profit for purpose organisation, that has been reinvesting our profits back into the WA community for more than 115 years.
Supporting Diversity & Inclusion
RAC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance through the recruitment process.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend