Home Claims Specialist
Job no: 496142
Work type: Maximum Term Full Time, Secondment
Location: West Perth
We are seeking claims, admin and customer service professionals, willing to go the extra mile to achieve an outstanding experience for our members.
- Flexibility, we offer hybrid and remote working!
- Local West Perth team. Offices close to public transport!
- 12 month & 6 month max term contract opportunities available!
Join the RAC Insurance Home Claims team and know you are making a genuine difference to the lives of our members! Our Home Claims Specialists are responsible for having phone and online based conversations with our members when they need us most. On a daily basis you will be utilising your administrative skills and customer service experience to deliver outcomes for our members.
We have multiple full time opportunities available (12-month and 6-month max term contracts)
Location: West Perth offices & Work from home
Working hours: Full time - 37.5 hours per week
Hours: Work Monday to Friday and have weekends free!
Pay: Competitive base salary + super + incentives + discounts!
Training: You’ll be set up for success with in-depth training and on the job support
Team: Working for an Insurance market leader you will be working with collaborative, supportive and likeminded individuals, with leaders who focus on your career development
What will you be doing?
- Manage individual caseloads of building and contents claims through to finalisation
- Identify potential recovery action as part of effective claims management
- Review quotes and authorise repair costs
- Negotiate on settlements for claims
- Act as a technical referral point for internal teams
- Consistently provide service that exceeds member’s expectations
- Identify continuous improvement initiatives
What are we looking for?
- Exceptional customer service skills and a high attention to detail
- Excellent communication and strong negotiation skills
- Ability to gather, collate and present evidence and make informed decisions
- Ability to clearly communicate complex processes and decisions to our members
- Results orientated mindset
- Self-driven and motivated with the ability to work autonomously
- Handle difficult situations with empathy
- Experience within the home insurance industry desirable
- End-to-end claims experience within home claims desirable
- Commitment to putting members at the centre of everything you do
What we can offer you?
- A workplace culture where our people feel valued, respected and empowered
- Work in flexible ways that meet work/life commitments and support wellbeing
- Be part of a purpose led organisation that gives back to the WA community
- An environment that values ongoing career development
- Free Roadside Assistance (after 6 months) and discounts on RAC products and services including Insurance, Holiday Parks and Resorts, Security, Finance and Auto Services
- Opportunities for community engagement and corporate volunteering
If you are shortlisted, you may be invited to complete an online automated video interview as part of our screening process.
Please note: We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as RAC reserves the right to close this vacancy without notice.
With over 1.1 million members RAC is one of WA’s most iconic and trusted brands. We are a purpose-led member organisation striving to create greater value for our members and deliver on our purpose to be “The driving force for a better WA.”
RAC are looking for people who are committed to building a safer, sustainable and connected future for West Australians. From Insurance, Auto Service Centres, Roadside Patrols, Travel, Security, Holiday Parks and Resorts to Finance – we are a diverse, profit for purpose organisation, that has been reinvesting our profits back into the WA community for more than 115 years.
Supporting Diversity & Inclusion
RAC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance through the recruitment process.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend