Recoveries Specialist – Motor Claims
Job no: 496155
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: West Perth
Are you a passionate Customer Service Specialist who is driven by targets and enjoys negotiation? This could be the role for you!
- Mon – Fri hours!
- Flexibility, we offer hybrid and remote working!
- Local West Perth team. Offices close to public transport!
We are seeking a focused and results orientated individual to join our Motor Claims team. This role is responsible for managing our motor recovery claims, whilst delivering exceptional customer service.
Location: West Perth offices & Work from home
Working hours: Full time - 37.5 hours per week
Hours: Work Monday to Friday and have weekends free!
Pay: Competitive base salary + super + incentives + discounts!
Training: You’ll be set up for success with in-depth training and on the job support
Team: Working for an Insurance market leader you will be working with collaborative, supportive and likeminded individuals, with leaders who focus on your career development
What will you be doing?
- Manage a caseload of recovery claims
- Provide liability determination and negotiation with other Insurers and third parties
- Refer recovery claims to solicitors to litigation and oversee the litigation process
- Contact other insurers, organisations, witnesses and third parties to discuss accident circumstances and request and follow up statements
- Interpret legislation such as the Road Traffic Code and Road Traffic Act on how it affects the lodged motor insurance claim
- Consistently provide service that exceeds member’s expectations
- Identify continuous improvement initiatives
What are we looking for?
- Experience within recoveries and working knowledge of the laws relating to debt collection, liability and insurance essential
- Exceptional customer service skills and a high attention to detail
- Excellent communication and strong negotiation skills
- Ability to gather, collate and present evidence and make informed decisions
- Handle difficult situations with empathy
- Self-driven with the ability to work autonomously
- Experience within the motor insurance industry desirable
- End-to-end claims experience within motor claims desirable
- Commitment to putting members at the centre of everything you do
What we can offer you?
- A workplace culture where our people feel valued, respected and empowered
- Work in flexible ways that meet work/life commitments and support wellbeing
- Be part of a purpose led organisation that gives back to the WA community
- An environment that values ongoing career development
- Free Roadside Assistance and discounts on RAC products and services including Insurance, Holiday Parks and Resorts, Security, Finance and Auto Services
- Opportunities for community engagement and corporate volunteering
If you are shortlisted, you may be invited to complete an online automated video interview as part of our screening process.
Please note: We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as RAC reserves the right to close this vacancy without notice.
With over 1.1 million members RAC is one of WA’s most iconic and trusted brands. We are a purpose-led member organisation striving to create greater value for our members and deliver on our purpose to be “The driving force for a better WA.”
RAC are looking for people who are committed to building a safer, sustainable and connected future for West Australians. From Insurance, Auto Service Centres, Roadside Patrols, Travel, Security, Holiday Parks and Resorts to Finance – we are a diverse, profit for purpose organisation, that has been reinvesting our profits back into the WA community for more than 115 years.
Supporting Diversity & Inclusion
RAC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance through the recruitment process.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend